Crops for the Future
Cedar County Private Pesticide Training Session
Tuesday, March 3, 1:00 pm at Knight of Columbus Hall, Hartington
Pesticide Safety Education Programs (PSEP) are required for individuals applying a restricted use pesticide (RUP) for the purpose of producing any agricultural commodity on property owned or rented by him/her or his/her employer.
NE District 2015 Pesticide Training Dates Brochure
For a list of all private training locations by county, look online at: Private Locations
For a contact list of commercial/noncommercial training locations, look online at: Commercial Locations
2015 Chemigation Training Schedule
Chemigation - applying agrichemicals to cropland using an irrigation system to distribute both the water and chemical. Please contact the county Extension Office inwhich the training is being held to preregister. An online course is also available for those recertifying.
Farm Cash Rental Rates and Land Values
2014 Nebraska Cash Rental Rates
2014 Nebraska Farmland Values
from Nebraska Farm Real Estate Market Development 2013-2014
For the complete Nebraska Farm Real Estate Market report click here.
Interview with Jim Jansen covering the highlights of 2014 Nebraska Farmland Values (*mp3)
You can also visit the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service for a Nebraska map with cash rental rates for non-irrigated & irrigated cropland and pasture by clicking here.
Cash Farm Lease (revised 2011)
Crop-Share Farm Lease (revised 2011)
Pasture Lease (revised 2011)
Farm Building & Livestock Facility Lease
Livestock Rental Lease
For more information about these and other leases, visit http://AgLease101.org
Every two years a survey of custom operators is conducted to determine the current rates charged for specific machinery operations. The survey is divided into two parts. Part 1 includes the spring and summer operations such as planting and small grains harvest, and Part 2 includes information about fall and miscellaneous operations.
Adjusting Farm Custom Rates & Grain Storage Rental Rates for 2011
Grain Storage Costs & Rental Rates
Flood Resources for Crops & Cropland
Land Owners & Managers Update
DVD provides practical information and strategies to help land owners, managers, and farm operators understand the recent trends in land values, rental rates, family relations, contracts, and flexible cash leasing. For more information or to order your DVD click here.
May 15, 2015
- Freeze-Damaged Winter Wheat in the Panhandle including management options.
- Assessing Freeze Injury to Wheat
- Differentiating Symptoms of Soilborne Diseases from Winter Injury in Wheat
- Severity of Wheat Diseases and Risk of Fusarium Head Blight Increasing
- UNL Wheat Plot Tours Scheduled for June
- Corn, 76% Planted; Soybean, 25%
- Nebraska Wheat Crop Down 18% from 2014
Soil Fertility Management
Stored Grain Management
IANR & Extension
- Modes of Action and Resistance Action. What are they and why is rotating them critical to resistance management.
- Wait for Better Conditions Before Heading Out on Wet Soils
- Avoid Planting Too Shallow
- Central Seed Hopper Planters May Need More Weight to Achieve Proper Seeding Depth
- Potential N Loss after Heavy Rains
- Tips for Applying Soil Residual Herbicides after Corn Emergence
- DiFlexx™: A New Dicamba-Based Corn Herbicide
- Keep Stored Grain Cool and Dry this Summer. What to check and when to aerate so grain doesn't go out of condition.
- Irrigation Management Tools and Cost-Share Programs. Soil moisture sensors can help you reduce input costs and water use, plus many NRDs provide cost assistance.
- Soil Moisture Update May 5, 2015
- Wet Weather Emergency Holding Pond Management
- Market Journal on corn scouting for diseases and insects, how Japan utilizes Nebraska grains, market analysis, and the forecast for the next week.
- Plan, Track On-Farm Research With New UNL Mobile App
- Reminder: Extension Offers Tractor Safety Course for Teens beginning May 27
- Annie's Project Course on Farm Transition Planning
Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- UNL Extension Impact Report
- Beef Systems
- 4-H Impact Report
- The Learning Child
- Guardianship / Conservator Training Program
- Agricultural Economics
- Cropping Systems Productivity
- Crop / Plant Science - Youth Education
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Agriculture Water Management
- Animal Manure Management
- Water, Climate & Environment - Community
- Business Ventures and Innovation
- Nebraska Broadband Initiative
- Entrepreneurial Communities
- ESI and Beyond
Provides current grain/livestock market commentary and analysis; weather, climate, and soil moisture updates; practical advice from seasoned, working producers; and more.
View entire episodes or search for answers to your plant, yard, and insect problems. Watch Backyard Farmer live on NET1 April to mid September (Thursday, 7:00 pm CT).
Audio and video interviews with University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension specialists and educators on topics ranging from crop and livestock production to health and nutrition to lawn and garden care, and more.