Crops for the Future
Cedar County Private Pesticide Training Session
Tuesday, March 3, 1:00 pm at Knight of Columbus Hall, Hartington
Pesticide Safety Education Programs (PSEP) are required for individuals applying a restricted use pesticide (RUP) for the purpose of producing any agricultural commodity on property owned or rented by him/her or his/her employer.
NE District 2015 Pesticide Training Dates Brochure
For a list of all private training locations by county, look online at: Private Locations
For a contact list of commercial/noncommercial training locations, look online at: Commercial Locations
2015 Chemigation Training Schedule
Chemigation - applying agrichemicals to cropland using an irrigation system to distribute both the water and chemical. Please contact the county Extension Office inwhich the training is being held to preregister. An online course is also available for those recertifying.
Farm Cash Rental Rates and Land Values
2014 Nebraska Cash Rental Rates
2014 Nebraska Farmland Values
from Nebraska Farm Real Estate Market Development 2013-2014
For the complete Nebraska Farm Real Estate Market report click here.
Interview with Jim Jansen covering the highlights of 2014 Nebraska Farmland Values (*mp3)
You can also visit the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service for a Nebraska map with cash rental rates for irrigated, dryland, and pasture, by clicking here.
Cash Farm Lease (revised 2011)
Crop-Share Farm Lease (revised 2011)
Pasture Lease (revised 2011)
Farm Building & Livestock Facility Lease
Livestock Rental Lease
For more information about these and other leases, visit http://AgLease101.org
Every two years a survey of custom operators is conducted to determine the current rates charged for specific machinery operations. The survey is divided into two parts. Part 1 includes the spring and summer operations such as planting and small grains harvest, and Part 2 includes information about fall and miscellaneous operations.
Adjusting Farm Custom Rates & Grain Storage Rental Rates for 2011
Grain Storage Costs & Rental Rates
Flood Resources for Crops & Cropland
Land Owners & Managers Update
DVD provides practical information and strategies to help land owners, managers, and farm operators understand the recent trends in land values, rental rates, family relations, contracts, and flexible cash leasing. For more information or to order your DVD click here.
March 4, 2015
Nebraska Farm Real Estate Report
- Nebraska Farm Real Estate Values Slip 3% in Last Year.
- Cornhusker Economics: 2015 Trends in Nebraska Farmland Values and Rental Rates Reflect Changes in Agricultural Commodity Prices
February 20-27, 2015
- Corn and Soybean Herbicide Options for Planting Cover Crops for Forage in Fall. Which cover crops are allowed after which herbicides.
- Q&A on Responding to Uninvited Drones over Livestock. Your best response may involve the camera in your smart phone.
- UNL Study Characterizes Genetic Resistance to Wheat Stem Rust, dating back to Gage, a variety released by UNL and USDA in 1963.
Farm Bill Resources
- Farmbill.unl.edu — Information and decision-aid resources
Stored Grain Management
- Regularly Check Stored Grain Temperature and Moisture. As temperatures fluctuate and then warm, the potential for grain losing quality increases.
- SCN Update: 6th Annual 'Tode Awards Announced in recognition of efforts by producers and the Nebraska Soybean Board to test for soybean cyst nematode.
- View segments on analyzing projected planted acres, corn hail damage research, winter wheat condition, calving and breeding, and the forecast for the next week (Feb. 20.
- View segments on soybean seed treatments, the Supreme Court ruling on Republican River water use, the cattle market, and the weather forecast for next week (Feb. 27).
IANR & Extension Events
- Crop Scout Training for Pest Managers March 5
- Next Heuermann Lecture: Climate Change in the American Mind
- Chemigation Certification Training in Western Nebraska
- Nebraska No-till Conferences Feb. 23, 24
- Ag Estate, Transition Planning Workshops
- Precision Ag Data Management Workshops
- Landlord Tenant Lease Workshops Continue
Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- UNL Extension Impact Report
- Beef Systems
- 4-H Impact Report
- The Learning Child
- Guardianship / Conservator Training Program
- Agricultural Economics
- Cropping Systems Productivity
- Crop / Plant Science - Youth Education
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Agriculture Water Management
- Animal Manure Management
- Water, Climate & Environment - Community
- Business Ventures and Innovation
- Nebraska Broadband Initiative
- Entrepreneurial Communities
- ESI and Beyond
Provides current grain/livestock market commentary and analysis; weather, climate, and soil moisture updates; practical advice from seasoned, working producers; and more.
View entire episodes or search for answers to your plant, yard, and insect problems. Watch Backyard Farmer live on NET1 April to mid September (Thursday, 7:00 pm CT).
Audio and video interviews with University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension specialists and educators on topics ranging from crop and livestock production to health and nutrition to lawn and garden care, and more.