Crops for the Future
Cedar County Private Pesticide Training Session
Tuesday, March 3, 1:00 pm at Knight of Columbus Hall, Hartington
Pesticide Safety Education Programs (PSEP) are required for individuals applying a restricted use pesticide (RUP) for the purpose of producing any agricultural commodity on property owned or rented by him/her or his/her employer.
NE District 2015 Pesticide Training Dates Brochure
For a list of all private training locations by county, look online at: Private Locations
For a contact list of commercial/noncommercial training locations, look online at: Commercial Locations
2015 Chemigation Training Schedule
Chemigation - applying agrichemicals to cropland using an irrigation system to distribute both the water and chemical. Please contact the county Extension Office inwhich the training is being held to preregister. An online course is also available for those recertifying.
Farm Cash Rental Rates and Land Values
2015 Nebraska Cash Rental Rates
2015 Nebraska Farmland Values
from Nebraska Farm Real Estate Market Development 2014-2015
For the complete Nebraska Farm Real Estate Market report click here.
Interview with Jim Jansen covering the highlights of 2014 Nebraska Farmland Values (*mp3)
You can also visit the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service for a Nebraska map with cash rental rates for non-irrigated & irrigated cropland and pasture by clicking here.
Cash Farm Lease (revised 2011)
Crop-Share Farm Lease (revised 2011)
Pasture Lease (revised 2011)
Farm Building & Livestock Facility Lease
Livestock Rental Lease
For more information about these and other leases, visit http://AgLease101.org
Every two years a survey of custom operators is conducted to determine the current rates charged for specific machinery operations. The survey is divided into two parts. Part 1 includes the spring and summer operations such as planting and small grains harvest, and Part 2 includes information about fall and miscellaneous operations.
Adjusting Farm Custom Rates & Grain Storage Rental Rates for 2011
Grain Storage Costs & Rental Rates
Flood Resources for Crops & Cropland
Land Owners & Managers Update
DVD provides practical information and strategies to help land owners, managers, and farm operators understand the recent trends in land values, rental rates, family relations, contracts, and flexible cash leasing. For more information or to order your DVD click here.
July 2, 2015
- Corn Fungicide Use and Precaution. Northern corn leaf blight is causing early damage in corn and may warrant a fungicide, but the author notes a precaution to avoid ear damage.
- Predicting Western Bean Cutworm Moth Flights and Scouting Windows More Precisely. When should you start scouting in your area this year? Check the tables and guide.
- Caterpillars in Soybeans: Scouting Recommendations and Treatment Thresholds
- Cover Crops in Prevented Plantings. See how this alternative can help protect and nourish your soil.
Alfalfa & Forage Production
Crop & Soil Moisture Reports
- Extension Crop Reports from Across the State
- Soil Moisture Update as of June 29
- NASS: Corn Starts Silking Stage; Soybeans Start Blooming
IANR & Extension
- Precision Ag Clinic July 14 at ARDC
- Midsummer Crop Diagnostic Clinic and two more in August
- Herbicide-Resistant Palmer Amaranth Field Day Aug. 4
Farm operators and industry representatives interested in evaluating the performance of in-fields applications of fungicides, micronutrients and growth promotors in corn and soybean production can contact the Nebraska On-Farm Research Network to learn how this can be done using their own equipment or by aerial application. Contact Nebraska Extension Educators, Laura Thompson at email@example.com, Nathan Mueller at firstname.lastname@example.org or Keith Glewen at email@example.com. Information is also available at cropwatch.unl.edu/farmresearch
Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- 4-H Impact Summary
- Beef Systems Impact
- Community Environment Impact
- Growing Business Impact
- Entrepreneurial Communities Impact
- Agricultural Economics Impact
- Agriculture Water Management Impact
- Crop & Plant Science Youth Education Impact
- Cropping Systems Productivity Impact
- Integrated Pest Management Impact
- Food Nutrition and Health Impact
- Impact Report - Food Website
- Co-Parenting for Successful Kids Impact
- Guardianship Impact
- The Learning Child Impact
Provides current grain/livestock market commentary and analysis; weather, climate, and soil moisture updates; practical advice from seasoned, working producers; and more.
View entire episodes or search for answers to your plant, yard, and insect problems. Watch Backyard Farmer live on NET1 April to mid September (Thursday, 7:00 pm CT).
Audio and video interviews with University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension specialists and educators on topics ranging from crop and livestock production to health and nutrition to lawn and garden care, and more.